Vacqueyras is a delicious appellation from the Southern Rhône Valley, a region boasting a diverse terroir with superb landscapes and wine-growers who’ve been in the business for generations.The Vignerons de Caractère Cooperative plays a key role in the wine industry, in this quiet, little part of the country, and fully intends to keep it that way. Since it was created in 1957, it has witnessed constant innovation and successfully anticipated important trends in wine-making.Nearly 100 cooperative members contribute grapes from their vineyards – a great source of pride to them – and the winery doesn’t disappoint; every year, its magnificent vats produce no fewer than thirty fine wines. After a short trip to this immense battleship of a winery, it’s lunch at L’Éloge, the winery’s unusual restaurant.
You are currently browsing the Blog Wine Tourism Provence weblog archives for 'Vacqueyras' tag.
- The Story of Le Clos du Caillou, 60 Years of Passion for Wine
- Grape-picking enthusiasts, grab your shears!
- Domaine des Peyre; the writer and the wine
- Picnic in Château Pesquié’s vineyards
- A hippy road trip through the vineyards of Gigondas!
- Vintage stroll at the foot of the Ventoux
- Artworks related to winemaking
- The joy of wine tasting in a motorhome
- The Berthet-Rayne estate: an excellent organic wine!